WOMEN'S NATIONAL INVITATION TOURNAMENT
Charlotte at Toledo
Time: 8 p.m.
Records: UNCC is 27-9; UT is 27-8.
TV: CBS College Sports
Radio: 1230 AM
Series: UT leads 1-0
- This is the final week of Toledo's season, win or lose tonight.
- The Rockets have won 16 consecutive games at Savage Arena, the fifth-longest streak in school history and the longest since they won 17 straight at home between the 1997-98 and ’98-99 seasons.
- Charlotte and UT are both appearing in the WNIT semifinals for the first time in their programs’ histories.
- The 49ers are making their ninth consecutive postseason appearance, while the Rockets are making their second straight appearance in the WNIT.
- In their only other meeting, UT defeated Charlotte 77-66 in the second round of the National Women’s Invitation Tournament (NWIT) on March 23, 1990, in Amarillo, Texas.
- Illinois State and Southern Cal will square off in the other WNIT semifinal tonight, with the winners of both games advancing to the WNIT championship game at 3 p.m. Saturday at a to- be-determined site.