Toledo at Ball State
Time: 2 p.m.
Records: UT is 7-4, 6-1 MAC; Ball State is 6-5, 4-3.
Radio: 1370 AM in Toledo, 1300 AM in Cleveland, 1310 AM in Detroit, 99.1 FM in Fremont, 96.7 FM in Fostoria, 96.1 FM in Archbold.
Series: UT leads 18-17-1.
Favorite: UT by 14
- The scenario is pretty simple for Toledo in its regular season finale -- beat Ball State and hope Northern Illinois loses to Eastern Michigan. If both occur, then UT would be the outright MAC West champion and earn a spot in the conference championship game Dec. 2 at Ford Field in Detroit. If not, then Northern Illinois would represent the West against East champion Ohio in the MAC title game.
- The Rockets have won two straight since losing to Northern Illinois 63-60 at the Glass Bowl on Nov. 1. They knocked off Western Michigan in a 66-63 shootout on Nov. 8 and rolled past Central Michigan 44-17 on Nov. 18.
- Ball State is coming off a last-second 41-38 loss at Northern Illinois and has lost two of its last three games.
- UT is averaging 54.8 points in its last four contests, with the 44 points it scored against the Chippewas last week ranking as the lowest output during that stretch.
- Junior WR Eric Page needs two TD receptions to pass Lance Moore (25 TD catches, 2001-04) and become UT's all-time leader in that category. Page is already the Rockets' all-time leading receiver with 277 catches and 3,242 receiving yards.
- Toledo has won two straight over the Cardinals, with both victories coming by narrow margins. UT defeated Ball State 31-24 last year at the Glass Bowl and scored a last-minute touchdown for a 37-30 victory in 2009 at Scheumann Stadium.