When I visited the Sylvania branch library yesterday, I noticed they had paper leaves sitting out, with a sign next to them that told patrons they could write something down that they were thankful for.The leaves were then posted up on the glass wall near the book checkout desk. Seeing the display had me thinking about what I'm thankful and appreciative for, this holiday season.
8 Things I'm Thankful For... (in/near Sylvania edition):
1. Doughnut cake from Brieschke's in downtown Sylvania
2. Gingersnap lattes from Biggby on McCord
3. The Sylvania branch library, for having a variety of good books
3. The beautiful campus of Lourdes University/the Sisters of St. Francis
4. Kyoto Ka on Central for having soup bowls that remind me of a restaurant back home
5. Black Swamp CrossFit, for pushing me to the max (I can deadlift 130 pounds now!) I can shoulder press 55 pounds, but by the end of the year, I'm going to be doing 60. Because they are that good. Motivation is key.
6. Mayberry Diner, for their Western and Irish omelets. Sitting at the bar at lunchtime is fun!
7. All of the terrific Sylvania managers, directors and community relations coordinators, who have made covering stories in Sylvania the past 8 months, incredibly fun. Most of you have been friendly and accommodating since day one and I really appreciate the kindness you've shown.
8. All of the green space in the City of Trees!