Super Bowl weekend turned out to be a big weekend for BG athletics as well.
The men's and women's basketball teams both posted wins, while the hockey team swept a weekend series with Lake Superior. The BG swim team won twice on the road, while the tennis team swept two home matches.
Which was the biggest of the big for BG?
Click on the "comments" link at the bottom of this post to make the case for YOUR choice as the biggest win of the weekend. Here are the contenders ...
- Men's basketball. The Falcons bounced back from a disappointing home loss to Akron Wednesday by beating Ball State Sunday. Jordon Crawford had a big game off the bench for the Falcons in the win. Click here to read the game story from this contest.
- Women's basketball: The Falcons knocked off the last unbeaten in Mid-American Conference play with a win over Central Michigan Sunday. And it wasn't just a win; BG hammered the Chippewas by 25 points. Click here to read the game story from the contest.
- Hockey: The Falcons swept a pair of games from Lake Superior State at the BGSU Ice Arena, winning Friday 4-1 and winning Saturday 7-3. The wins strengthen BG's shot at home ice for the first round of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association playoffs. Click here to read the game story from Friday; click here to read the web exclusive game story from Saturday.
- Swimming: The BG swim team went on the road this weekend and won twice in convincing fashion, beating MAC rival Akron on Friday and whipping Youngstown State on Saturday.
- Tennis: The Falcons extended their current winning streak to five matches by whipping Youngstown State on Saturday and Evansville on Sunday, both by dominating scores of 6-1. BG is 32-3 in that five-game win streak.
Which of those five performances was the biggest this weekend? Click on the "Post a Comment" area below and voice your opinions. Keep it clean, keep it civil, and it will be all good. Add your thoughts NOW!