Busy day for me Saturday night ... a couple of stories, lots of Star Wars requests, much more. So no in-game blog, but here are a few pre-game notes ...
First, the Toledo lineup is missing a few regulars, and here's a look at them individually:
- Quintin Berry is not in the lineup after getting hit just above the right elbow with a pitch Friday. Berry left the game immediately after getting hit and experienced some swelling. Manager Phil Nevin said Berry won't play for a few days to allow the elbow to heal, although he could be used as a pinch-runner or on defense, at least in an emergency.
- Avisail Garcia and Brandon Douglas collided late in Friday's game, and both are not in the lineup tonight. Garcia suffered a bent finger, and Nevin said he believes a day off will allow Garcia to return to the lineup Sunday.
- Danny Worth still isn't 100 percent as he continues to rehab a heel injury that has him on the disabled list. His return is at least few days away at the earliest.
- Pat Misch threw on the side but still wasn't 100 percent after suffering some discomfort in his throwing shoulder. His return also is not imminent.
- Jason Beck of MLB.com talked to Phil Coke before the game and said he threw a 26-pitch mound session before today's game. He said he felt pain-free, although he noticed soreness. If he feels no pain Sunday, there's a chance he may begin a rehab assignment soon -- perhaps with the Mud Hens.